Monday, May 23, 2011

Blossom and Sawyer weigh in

Today was Blossom and Sawyer's annual check up and vaccination appointment.  Drum roll please.....Blossom weighed in at 8 lbs 13 ozs and Sawyer weighed in at 13 lbs 8 ozs.  So we have a mini and a tweenie, so far.  I think the two creams will be tweenies with Bentley possible creeping into a standard dachshund.

Blossom and Sawyer were pronounced healthy and beautiful!  We did come home with 4 doggie toothbrushes so we can begin a brushing routine (hmmmm, I can hardly wait).  And I bought a bag of chewies that are treated with an enzyme to help clean their teeth as Blossom already has slight signs of build up on her teeth.  We did discuss several items including their bed wetting which the vet thinks is just a mental thing (so do I) and she suggested several things to get them motivated to completely go potty when they are supposed to go. 

We also discusssed their dachshund backs, food and supplements.  She suggested giving them a high quality fish oil.  I want to do some reading and research before I do that.  I also want to do some more research on their food.   I feel good about the food they are on, after trying several brands, but I feel like I need to read a little more about the breed specific formulas, too.  She was pleased with their coats and their health so we may just remain on the ProPlan for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment