Sunday, October 23, 2011

Harvest Festival

This afternoon/evening was our church's Harvest Festival.  Bentley won the lottery because he has a show next Saturday and he needs socializing so he got to go.  He wasn't sure at first what was going on, but he let children and adults pet him.  I did hold his lead close because he wanted to pull back.  Most children knew to ask to pet him and also to let him smell them first.  There were a few small ones that were afraid, so it was fun to coax them with petting a dog! He never jumped or lunged at anyone and everyone commented about how handsome he is!  He is one tired puppy tonight!



I couldn't get a decent picture of him but I decided to post this one because it shows his beautiful black beard and also how the fur is starting to come in on his chest.  I noticed this afternoon that the fur on his back seems to be darkening a little and I can see it starting to thicken on top of his neck.   I'm not sure if this is winter coat or if it is his dachshund long hair starting to finally come in.

He was so cute when I snapped this, but I made it with one hand and it is blurry.  I've left it small so it isn't as bad. 
But what a handsome fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment