Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tales of Rainy Days

After a year with practically no rain, we are experiencing wet, wet, wet days.  Some rain, some drizzle, and lots of humidity.  While I am so thankful for the rain, I wish it would rain several inches and then dry up and then repeat the cycle.  So do the dogs.  They are miserable and wound up at the same time. 

They are refusing to go outside.  Even good boy Sawyer had to be carried out this morning.  Even though it is fairly dry under the eave of the house, they just do not want to go out.  I can't say that I blame them - I would not want to do my business in the rain.  But it seems they are fanatics about keeping their feet dry.  Except last night when Sawyer spotted something on the fence line and led the pack charging out into the mud for a little barking session. 

We've had no walks, either, so they are full of energy.  Poor babies.  I've been tempted to put on a coat and try to walk them with an umbrella (for me) but I could just see them flipping out in the rain and then having to get them home and dry!  We've played a little in the house, but that does not burn energy.  Too bad they aren't human children that could be amused with a board game or a big box to turn into a fort!

No comments:

Post a Comment