Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Almost show time, yikes!

Okay Mr. Bentley it is time to dust off your ring manners and strut your stuff! 

After much debating with myself about the show ring and competing I decided to stay with it for a little longer.  I really did not want to drop out just yet, but was struggling with conflicting thoughts about Bentley and myself as his handler.  But, after all, I really am doing this for fun so I decided, why not?  Let's go out there and have fun!

So I've started registering for shows and tonight we went to ring training.  It was good to be back and Bentley wasn't the least bit rusty, me...I galloped him around the ring the first time (slow down there Bessie!).  I got to talk to another dachshund owner who has several show dogs, so it was a good opportunity to ask questions. The dog he was working with tonight was a beautiful red dapple who was only 8 1/2 months old and already had 4 points!  Fun to watch him!
 
Before class I put Bentley on the scale and he weighed in at 14.4 pounds.  I'm hoping to add just a little weight to him but don't think he will quite make it to standard size since he is already 15 months old. 

So, off to work we go, up on the table, stack, around the ring and stack again!

No comments:

Post a Comment