Thursday, April 19, 2012

Green Beans

I've had several people tell me that they feed their beautiful dogs an occasional can of green beans.  So tonight I picked up some small cans of green beans to try out (no, I don't keep canned beans in my pantry as I really prefer fresh green beans and the cans go stale, but wait, keep reading as this is about to change).  

When I got ready to feed the dogs tonight, I drained the can and divided it between the two bowls.  Just to introduce the beans I fed one to each dog.  Baylee and Bentley gulped theirs down, Blossom played with the first one and then abandoned it to let Sawyer have it, after he slowly ate his.  But then they were all around the food bowl, chowing down on the remaining beans.  YUK, I thought.  Canned green beans at room temp with no seasoning.  But the dogs did not care, they loved them!

I have also abandoned the grain free food idea.  It put too much weight on them and didn't make any other difference.  I have, however, been mixing Diamond Natural food with the Eukanuba Dachshund formula for a week or so.  We'll see how that works out.

So what do they eat in human food now?  Carrots, vanilla yogurt, cheese, scrambled egg, leftover chicken when available, and green beans.  I do not offer a human food every day, just two or three times a week.  Usually the cheese is something we share before bedtime, as a little treat during the ten o'clock news!

No comments:

Post a Comment