Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Poor Sawyer

I felt so bad for Sawyer last night.  I had school and couldn't get out of the office a little early like I usually do, so I was on a tight schedule to get home, let the dogs out and get back out the door.  I fed the dogs because I never know what time I will get home and I feel bad if it is late and they haven't eaten.  Then I decided to eat two pieces of cold pizza, just in case class ran late (which it did, glad I ate the pizza).  I was standing at the sink, eating the pizza; all the dogs, except Sawyer, were eating.  He was standing in the laundry room by the door into the garage.  I asked him what he was doing, and he just looked at me and wagged his tail.  The scene continued for a minute or two and then he began to whine.  He has a soft whine, but it is a very sad little whine.  Then I realized what he wanted...he wanted to go for a walk.  He had been looking up at the dryer the whole time he was standing there - his harness and the lead was on top of the dryer.  Then I felt so bad because I knew there would be no walk for him.  I felt like a real bad doggie-mama when I put them in the kitchen when I left a few minutes later.  Poor Sawyer, he is such a sweet-hearted dog and he just wanted a walk.

Sawyer loves to run the fence when the neighbor's dogs are out.  When I tell him to "leave it" or to "get away from the fence"  he always gives me this look.  I think he is saying, "Aw Ma, do I have to?  Don't you understand - there are dogs on the other side of our fence!"

No comments:

Post a Comment