Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Snap, crackle, pop goes the lightening

We don't have a lot of thunderstorms, but occasionally one will roll through.  In the three years that I've had the dogs I've never known them to be afraid of thunder.  Many years ago I had a little dog that would start the "weird" act long before the thunder could be heard; this was in the days of not having immediate access to radar so I always knew if a storm was coming by her actions! But these little dogs have never seemed to notice, until Saturday night.

It was late when the storm came through, and we were all curled up on the sofa.  I was reading and enjoying the sound of the falling rain through the screen storm door, very cozy.  But when a large bolt of lightening hit something near by that was the end of the peaceful mood.  The dogs jumped up and scattered like marbles.  One of the cats ran by and Bentley took off after it.  Sawyer and Blossom jumped in the floor and started barking.  Poor Baylee jumped into my lap and put her face almost in mine!  She had this fearful little look on her face that looked like she was thinking, "we're all gonna
die now"!

1 comment:

  1. I bet they were scared. We have never had lightening hit close to us. Chester does start to shake little if he hears thunder.

    ReplyDelete